Wednesday, November 07, 2007

OBITUARY: Peter Andren MP



I only bought Peter Andren's autobiography some months back at a book fair in Canberra. I'm about one-third of the way through it.

I never had the chance to meet Mr Andren. But I wish I had been there when he stood up in Parliament and spoke his mind on so-called border protection in 2001. And on the Iraq war in 2003. And on so many other issues.

Andren's death forced me to think about my own mortality. It also made me think about some of the crazy political allegiences I once held and the company I once kept.

We live and we learn. Some of the lessons Peter Andren taught me unconsciously and from a distance can be found here.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. From God we come. To God we ultimately return.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Sorry, this diatribe shouldn't be funny, but it's so insane that it is perversly funny.

Eat shit, anonymous. As for your sentence beginning with "Supposedly..." - dumb schmuck. You're not even sure what happens in other parts of the world. You've just betrayed yourself by exposing your own ignorance and pea-sized brain. Or is that shit for brains? Yeah, it is.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Irf, why do you keep allowing Darby's comments onto your blog? Can't you see you're just encouraging his marijuana usage?